HOA & Dog Fences - Boca Raton, Florida
Does your HOA Have Fence Rules?
Does your HOA in Boca Raton have rules against fencing in your yard? Here’s how you can keep your furry friend safe and sound – and in your yard – with hidden dog fences, also known as underground pet fences.
An underground pet fence is a safe and effective way to keep your dog in your yard – even if your HOA doesn’t allow fencing. Here’s how it works:
A buried wire transmits a radio signal that tells your dog where the boundary of your property is. When your dog gets close to the boundary, he’ll receive a warning beep from a collar that he’s wearing. If he continues past the boundary, he’ll receive a mild shock.
The beauty of an underground pet fence is that it’s invisible, so it won’t violate any HOA rules against fencing. Plus, it’s a lot less expensive than a traditional fence.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you’re considering an underground pet fence:
- Make sure your dog is a good candidate. Not all dogs are a good fit for an underground pet fence. If your dog is prone to digging, jumping, or climbing, he may be able to escape.
- Training is essential. Your dog will need to be trained to understand the boundary of your property. This usually takes a few weeks.
- Check the signal. The underground wire transmits a radio signal, so make sure there are no obstructions – like metal fences or buildings – that could interfere with the signal.
- Check the batteries. The collars that your dog wears use batteries, so make sure to check them regularly and replace them as needed.
- Supervise your dog. Even with an underground pet fence, it’s important to supervise your dog when he’s outdoors. This will help him stay safe and avoid any potential hazards.
Underground pet fences are a great way to keep your dog in your yard – even if your HOA in Boca Raton doesn’t allow fencing. Just make sure to do your research and train your dog properly.